Terms & Conditions
We hope that our terms and conditions are easy to understand and are happy to answer questions on the contents if you are uncertain. If you do have questions please do not hesitate to contact us before completing the order for clarification.
1. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions that you accept and agree to when you access this web site and order and we supply any products listed on our website elswoodsdirect.com to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any products from our site. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions please do not use the web site.
Please print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
2. Information About Us
- elswoodsdirect.com is a web site operated by Elswoods Cleaning Supplies.
- Our registered office is at Blacknell Works, Blacknell Lane Industrial Estate, Crewkerne, Somerset TA18 7HE.
- Our main trading address is Blacknell Works, Blacknell Lane Industrial Estate, Crewkerne, Somerset TA18 7HE.
- Our VAT number is 634 2083 61.
- We are based in the United Kingdom, all transactions will be carried out in GBP and we do not export items outside of the United Kingdom without prior written approval.
- Our contact details are:
Elswood’s Cleaning Supplies
Blacknell Lane Trading Estate
Telehone Number: +44 01460 73423
Email Address: [email protected]
The contact details above can be used for all types of correspondence including feedback and complaints.
3. Confirming that you are ok to enter into a contract with us
By placing an order through our site you confirm that:
- You are legally capable of entering into a contract;
- You are at least 18 years old.
4. Buying a product
You are able to make an order either over the phone or online. Please use the 01460 73423 number for sales. For online orders please follow the process below.
To complete an order you need to browse our store and add any items you wish to buy in to the shopping cart. When you have completed your selection click on ‘Checkout’, add the required information to complete your order, and then make payment.
We accept credit and debit card payments and at the point of entering payment details and completing payment you will be transferred to our payment gateway provider WorldPay. All sensitive data is entered and secured through the Worldpay site and the sensitive payment data is never seen by us or stored on the elswoodsdirect.com web site.
Once payment has been successfully made and the order placed you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. It is very important to note that this does not mean your order has been accepted and we have agreed to supply.
All orders are subject to acceptance by us and we will confirm acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the product has been shipped. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the shipping confirmation.
The contract will cover only those products stated within the shipping confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other products which may have been part of your order until the shipment of products has been confirmed in a separate shipping confirmation.
This has been included to protect us from the rare occasion mistakes may occur in pricing presented on the web-site, an unforeseen change in availability of products or other reason that we are unable to supply a particular product. If the pricing is incorrect we will contact you and confirm if you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price.
a) Delivery Zones – Where do we deliver to?
We use a combination of Royal Mail packet post and Parcelforce next day signed for delivery to ensure your items reach you safely. Our shipping charges within the UK are based upon the following zones:
England, Wales and parts of Scotland, excluding Highlands and Islands. The zone is made up of all postcodes not mentioned in zone 2 and 3.
The Highlands and Islands of Scotland – postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE
Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly – postcodes BT, IM, TR21-25. Please note the Channel Islands are classed as an International destination by our carriers and therefore please contact us for shipping charges before placing an order.
We will take orders for outside of the Zones above but these orders must be taken over the phone and will follow a process to allow confirmation of location, specific orders details and delivery charges.
b) Delivery Charges
Zone 1 (as stated above)
- All orders under £100.00 + vat are charged at £7.95 + vat.
- All orders over £100.00 + vat will be free delivery
Zone 2 and Zone 3 (as stated above)
- Each order over £100.00 (excluding VAT) will be charged at £28.00 plus VAT delivery – this is for items greater than 1kg and less than 25kg.
- For orders below £100.00 (excluding VAT), and that cannot be sent small package post will be charged £28.00 plus VAT.
- For items under 1 kg a charge of £12.00 plus VAT will be made.
c) Delivery Time-scales
- All standard stock items on your order are expected to be fulfilled within 3-5 working days of the shipping confirmation wherever possible. Our aim is to complete the order and delivery as fast and as efficiently as we can and as such products may be delivered more quickly (we do use a signed for Parcelforce next day delivery service for all possible items) however, for some delivery methods such as Royal Mail packet post we expect 2-4 working days delivery but we do need to allow up to 7 days.
- Delivery to the Highlands and Islands, NI, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly is expeted to take between 48-72 hours longer as next day delivery is either very expensive or not available through the carriers.
- If you order online you will be sent an email confirming shipment of items on the day the shipment takes place. For parcels, a parcelforce tracking id will be put against your order online for you to use on the Parcelforce website.
- If you order over the phone an indication of delivery timescales will be given at the point of order. We will contact you if delivery window given changes.
d) What happens if the parcel cannot be delivered?
Goods ordered will be delivered to the exact address you give when you place the order. If there is no one at the given address who is able to accept and sign for delivery a card will be left with the carriers contact details. If no one contacts the carrier they will attempt to re-deliver typically the following day. A card is left if the second attempt fails indicating that you will need to visit the local depot to pick up the parcel. If the parcel is not picked up from the depot within a week it will be returned to us.
e) Delivery Exceptions
- Please note that we do not accepted PO Box Delivery addresses due to the need of our signed for service and also in the frequent challenges in finding them!
- For deliveries to a MOD location where security and access may prove difficult will be charged at a premium of £14.00 plus VAT.
6. When your item is not in stock / we are unable to meet our stated dead-lines
If your item is not in stock/ we are not able to meet our stated deadlines above, we will place a back order for you. We will contact you to discuss details of an alternative item or an option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait. Please note that if you choose an alternative item and upon receipt you wish to return it (within 14 days for a consumer and 7 days for a business) the cost of return will be covered by us.
7. Returns and Refunds
Returns As a Consumer (not as a business)
You can cancel the contract and return the products any time within 14 days from the day after you received them. You will receive a refund of the price paid for the products in line with our refunds policy set out below.
To cancel a contract you can inform us through our website (if you have set yourself up as a member) or in writing via email or letter.
The product(s) then need to be returned to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them and unused. The cost and risk of shipping the products back to us will be yours. All products / damaged products need to be returned in their original packaging wherever possible.
You need to take reasonable care of the products and we reserve the right to refuse a refund on an item or deduct up to 20% of the original selling price if the product is not returned in the same condition as received. This does not affect your statutory rights.
We cannot accept any cancellation and return of products which have been customised to meet your specific requirements and if the cancelled order is for larger commercial/ industrial products then we reserve the right to deduct up to 15% for a re-stocking fee.
If you are buying as a business then we reserve the right to follow the legal requirements of this contract type, including the right to cancel in a 7 day period as opposed to the 14 day period for a consumer.
When you have returned your order within the cooling off period we will process the refund quickly and our aim will be to complete this within 5 working days. The refund will be for the full price of the product and the price of sending the item to you (subject to the Returns section above). However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
If you are returning the product due to our error or as defective we will examine the returned product and will notify you of your refund via email and our aim will be to complete this process within 5 working days. Products returned because of our error or a defect will be refunded in full and includes a refund of the costs for both sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us (we may need to see invoice / receipt for return costs).
All prices on this website are shown both including VAT (currently at 20%) and excluding VAT. A VAT invoice will be emailed upon sipping of your order.
Any import tax and duties which are levied on when the delivery reaches the specified destination will be your responsibility. Please contact your local custom authorities for information before placing your order.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the elswoods direct website including the website design, text, graphics and all software and source code connected with the website are owned by or licensed to Elswoods Cleaning Supplies or otherwise used by Elswoods Cleaning Supplies as permitted by law.
In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content for your personal, non-commercial use only. You are not permitted to download, copy, reproduce, transmit, store, sell or distribute the content without the prior written consent. This excludes non-commercial home use only where printing pages of the web-site is permitted.
11. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Although significant effort has been made and will continue to be made to ensure the correct content and functioning of the Elswoods Direct website it is provided on an As-Is and As Available basis. We apologise upfront if errors do occur but we do not offer any warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy concerning this web-site.
To the extent permitted by law, Elswoods Cleaning Supplies will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
Elswood Cleaning Supplies makes no warranty that the functionality of the elswoods direct web site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of anything which may be harmful or destructive. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Elswoods Cleaning Supplies for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Elswoods Cleaning Supplies or that of its employees or agents.
12. Our Responsibility through links to other websites
Please note that we may provide links on our site to websites of other companies that may or may not be affiliated with us. We cannot accept responsibility for the satisfactory quality of products or services you purchase from a company where we have provided a link to their website and as such disclaim any such warranty. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller.
13. Acceptance of Electronic Communication
There is a legal need for us to provide information and communication in writing. When using this site you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that this complies with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
You agree to indemnify and hold Elswoods Cleaning Supplies and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Elswood Cleaning Supplies due to any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this website.
1) Logon management
2) For tracking your order through the website to checkout
3) Keeping track of the contents of your shopping cart
4) To store delivery addresses if the address book is used
5) To store your details if you use the ‘remember me’ functionality.
6) Google Analytics is used purely to track progress through our website to help us determine how well it is working, and how we can make it easier to work with. Google Analytics does not use any personal or financial information. The data produced is totally anonymous.
16. Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time to reflect changes across the business including but not restricted to, changes in the market place, changes in legal and regulatory requirements, changes to technology and payment methods.
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time you order products from us unless any change is required to be made by law or governmental authority or if we notify you prior to sending you dispatch confirmation.
Contracts for purchase of products and dispute or claim arising from a contract will governed by English Law and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Elswood’s Cleaning Supplies do not disclose any information to third parties outside of those needed to process the order as part of fulfilment i.e. delivery destination detail for the fulfilment option used.
All manufacturers have their own warranty policy and are very specific on what is covered and what is not. Please refer to the manufacturers sites for the most up to date information on the warranty approach, tenure and scope if you have queries.
21. Take Back Scheme
To meet the requirements of the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations we offer customers a Take Back Scheme. This scheme means we will take back and recycle your old product when you buy an equivalent product from us. The WEEE item returned must fulfil the same function as the item bought. You must return your old item within 28 days of purchasing your new item or you will no longer be eligible for the scheme. You must return the WEEE item to the main trading address (postcode of TA18 7HE) and should be returned at your own cost.