DELIVERY AND RETURNS
1. Delivery Zones – Where do we deliver to?
We use a a number of well known and trusted carriers for delivery to ensure your items reach you safely. Our shipping charges within the UK are based upon the following zones:
England, Wales and parts of Scotland, excluding Highlands and Islands. The zone is made up of all postcodes not mentioned in zone 2 and 3.
The Highlands and Islands of Scotland – postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE
Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly – postcodes BT, IM, TR21-25. Please note the Channel Islands are classed as an International destination by our carriers and therefore please contact us for shipping charges before placing an order.
We will take orders for outside of the Zones above but these orders must be taken over the phone and will follow a process to allow confirmation of location, specific orders details and delivery charges.
2. Delivery Charges
Zone 1 (as stated above)
- Each order over £100.00 (excluding VAT) is delivered free.
- Each order under £100.00 (excluding VAT) is charged at £7.95 plus VAT unless otherwise stated. This is for items that cannot be sent via small package post and are under 25Kg.
- For items that can be sent via small package post (and are under £75 plus VAT in order value) a charge of £5.95 plus VAT will be made.
Zone 2 and Zone 3 (as stated above)
- Each order over £100.00 (excluding VAT) will be charged at £28.00 plus VAT delivery – this is for items greater than 1kg and less than 25kg.
- For orders below £100.00 (excluding VAT), and that cannot be sent small package post will be charged £28.00 plus VAT.
- For items under 1 kg a charge of £12.00 plus VAT will be made.
3. Delivery Time-scales
- All standard stock items on your order are expected to be fulfilled within 3-5 working days of the shipping confirmation wherever possible. Our aim is to complete the order and delivery as fast and as efficiently as we can and as such products may be delivered more quickly (we do use a signed for Parcelforce next day delivery service for all possible items) however, for some delivery methods such as Royal Mail packet post we expect 2-4 working days delivery but we do need to allow up to 7 days.
- Delivery to the Highlands and Islands, NI, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly is expeted to take between 48-72 hours longer as next day delivery is either very expensive or not available through the carriers.
- If you order online you will be sent an email confirming shipment of items on the day the shipment takes place. For parcels, a parcelforce tracking id will be put against your order online for you to use on the Parcelforce website.
- If you order over the phone an indication of delivery timescales will be given at the point of order. We will contact you if delivery window given changes.
4. What happens if the parcel cannot be delivered?
Goods ordered will be delivered to the exact address you give when you place the order. If there is no one at the given address who is able to accept and sign for delivery a card will be left with the carriers contact details. If no one contacts the carrier they will attempt to re-deliver typically the following day. A card is left if the second attempt fails indicating that you will need to visit the local depot to pick up the parcel. If the parcel is not picked up from the depot within four days it will be returned to us.
5. Delivery Exceptions
- Please note that we do not accepted PO Box Delivery addresses due to the need of our signed for service and also in the frequent challenges in finding them!
- For deliveries to a MOD location where security and access may prove difficult will be charged at a premium of £25.00 plus VAT.
6. When your item is not in stock / we are unable to meet our stated dead-lines
If your item is not in stock/ we are not able to meet our stated deadlines above, we will place a back order for you. We will contact you to discuss details of an alternative item or an option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait. Please note that if you choose an alternative item and upon receipt you wish to return it (within 14 days for a consumer and 7 days for a business) the cost of return will be covered by us.
7. Returns and Refunds
Returns As a Consumer (not as a business)
You can cancel the contract and return the products any time within 14 days from the day after you received them. You will receive a refund of the price paid for the products in line with our refunds policy set out below.
To cancel a contract you can inform us through our website (if you have set yourself up as a member) or in writing via email or letter. The most straightforward approach is through our website as a member. This can be completed by:
- Login to your account and navigate to My Account
- Navigate to Completed Orders
- Select your completed order
- Click on Return Item Button
- Select the products and quantity that you wish to return
- Choose the return reason
- Click on Submit Return Request.
The product(s) then need to be returned to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them and unused. The cost and risk of shipping the products back to us will be yours. All products / damaged products need to be returned in their original packaging wherever possible. You need to take reasonable care of the products and we reserve the right to refuse a refund on an item or deduct up to 20% of the original selling price if the product is not returned in the same condition as received. This does not affect your statutory rights.
We cannot accept any cancellation and return of products which have been customised to meet your specific requirements and if the cancelled order is for larger commercial/ industrial products then we reserve the right to deduct up to 15% for a re-stocking fee.
If you are buying as a business then we reserve the right to follow the legal requirements of this contract type, including your right to cancel in a 7 day period as opposed to the 14 day period for a consumer.
When you have returned your order within the cooling off period we will process the refund quickly and our aim will be to complete this within 5 working days. The refund will be for the full price of the product and the price of sending the item to you (subject to the Returns section above). However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
If you are returning the product due to our error or as defective we will examine the returned product and will notify you of your refund via email and our aim will be to complete this process within 5 working days. Products returned because of our error or a defect will be refunded in full and includes a refund of the costs for both sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us (we may need to see invoice / receipt for return costs).